Happy Halloween from Dandy's...
Happy Halloween with 10% off everything online!
Use code TREATORTREAT at the checkout for 10% off everything online - including our sale items!
Hurry, ends midnight tonight (31st October 2018).
Check out our Sale items:
Grow the perfect pumpkins with our VegeGrow Topsoil...
You may have missed this year's harvest but you can still prepare for next Halloween by growing your very our pumpkins at home. Get the children involved and learn how to 'Grow Your Own' in style! Pumpkin seeds need to be sown in late May /early June in full sun to be ready for Halloween carving.
Our VegeGrow Topsoil is the ideal mix for pumpkin seeds as they are greedy feeders that like a rich soil that isn't too soggy. We suggest regularly adding our Multi Purpose Compost or Mushroom Compost to the soil to grow your pumpkins big and healthy.
- Simply sow seeds directly into the ground, either in a large veg patch or large container.
- Use our topsoil and compost on a regular basis and keep your pumpkin in full sun through the summer.
- Turn your pumpkin to create a nice round, even shape.
- Pop a piece of cardboard under your pumpkin to prevent decay from the underneath.
- Harvest pumpkins on a dry day after the plants have died back and the skins are hard.
- If you get a lot of vines and flowers but no pumpkins then you need more bees in your garden to pollinate the flowers. Grow some colorful flowers next to your pumpkin patch this year and you may get more bees and butterflies!
Make Spicy Pumpkin Wedges...
Pumpkins are not just for decorating, check out this tasty recipe. Click the picture to be taken to our blog!